Hi there! Over the weekend, I made some delicious stuffed french toast using the super healthy Ezekiel bread, and it was too good not to share! The recipe is simple, tasty, and as healthy as possible using greek yogurt cream cheese along with the sprouted bread. Check it out below!
- two slices of Ezekiel bread
- half a cup of greek yogurt cream cheese
- one egg
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 3/4 cup of blueberries
1. Grease a skillet, and whisk together your egg, almond milk, and cinnamon. Soak each slice of bread on both sides for about 15 seconds each, and cook in the skillet over medium heat for a couple of minutes on both sides, and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, also cook up a blueberry compote by smashing your blueberries in a small skillet and drizzling with honey. Cook for about 8 minutes over medium heat and set aside.
3. Assemble by spreading your cream cheese between the two bread slices like a sandwich. Top with the compote and you're good to go! Enjoy!