Happy Valentines Day! I've been trying to decide what to make for this love-filled holiday (and for me, it's a celebration of all love, and that includes self-love - so even if you're spending it alone, there's still cause to celebrate!), and landed on these salted caramel stuffed chocolate cookies from the Half Baked Harvest cookbook! They're rich and gooey, almost like a brownie! I'd also like to note that they were gone by the end of the night after I made them, so it's safe to say Brett was a fan. Get the recipe below!
- 1/2 cup of flour + 2 tbs.
- 2 tbs. of cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 6 tbs. of butter
- 4 oz. of dark chocolate
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Ghirardelli Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Squares
1. Melt your butter, dark chocolate, and chocolate chips in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir consistently until fully melted.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat together your eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Then mix in your melted chocolate + butter mixture. Add your flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder, and mix until combined. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour minimum, or overnight.
3. After the dough is chilled, preheat your oven to 350 and scoop out small golf ball sized portions onto a greased cooking sheet. Flatten each ball with a spoon and place a piece of the chocolate caramel squares on each cookie.
Had to do a close up on those chocolates!
4. Scoop out slightly smaller balls of dough and place one on each cookie on top of the caramel. Flatten with your spoon and smooth the edges together. Sprinkle tops with sea salt a la Bailey.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, and serve warm with a glass of milk. Enjoy!