Morning guys! Instead of posting a Weekly Moodboard today, I am taking this time to announce the birth of my niece, Madison Shea! My older sister, Hannah, gave birth to her on Wednesday morning, bright and early, and she is healthy, happy, and beautiful. We are meeting her today, and I am beyond excited! Congrats to Hannah and Justin, you guys are going to be awesome parents.
Hey guys! It's time for my favorite post of the month! Thinking about how Bailey is changing, and just generally thinking about Bailey is one of the best pastimes. I can't think of a better use of my time.
- has been adding more and more words to her repertoire. For example: now, instead of asking "George?" when she wants to watch Curious George, she asks "Where's George?"!
- has been recognizing what her "home" is by asking when I pick her up after work every day, "Go home?". She's finally realizing where she spends most of her time!
- is getting more used to her princess training potty. I'm just acclimating her to it right now, and every time she has a bath, we set her Wolfie stuffed animal on it, and she says "Wolfie potty" LOL.
- is in love with playing in our front yard at all times. She practically begs to go outside every day.
- is also in love with blowing the poufs off of dandelion weeds. Really though, what kid doesn't love that?
- has been letting us do her hair! We've been experimenting with clips of all sizes and cute little ponytails. Next up: pigtails!
- has been very into turkey. No idea why, but that's her number one choice out of the fridge, other than milk.
- is starting to love modeling in our pictures haha. She'll even look at the camera sometimes! Also, when I'm styling things on a background for a photo, she'll run and grab something of hers and place it in the photo. I die everytime.
Hi guys! As we are super busy prepping for our Colorado road trip, it's nice to get to take this time to sit and ponder Bailey and her actions. She changes so much that it's hard to keep up! One day soon, she will probably be able to outrun me, seeing as I've never been much of a runner, and that is just one example of her growth.
- is finishing up her swim lessons. Our last one is tomorrow, and her progress with being comfortable in the water is amazing! She paddles and kicks, and goes under at least twice every session. It's terrifying and awesome, all at once.
- is honing in her sports skills. We heightened her basketball goal up to it's tallest setting, and she dunks it almost every time.
- has also been upping her soccer kicks. This little girl is way more coordinated for contact sports than I ever was! She gets it from her soccer loving Daddy.
- has been getting a little crankier in the mornings when she wakes up. The time change is partly to blame, but I'm also thinking she's just two going on twelve.
- has had to say goodbye to her beloved Curious George show that Netflix is removing at the end of March. On to the next one, right Bailey?
- is speaking more and more every day. She, for the most part, is trying to say more than just the subject when she wants something.
- has also stopped crying or whining for something when she's asking for it. She goes straight for the talking.
- has been removing her diaper on her own and saying "uh oh" and handing it over to me. Time to break out the potty training books. It's time.
Hi guys! This is one of my favorite posts to do every month. Bailey grows and changes so fast, that it's nice to reflect on those changes, even though it can be a little bittersweet. The joy I get in seeing her evolve is far greater than the sadness of it all. It's just part of being a mama!
- Bailey has been showing her needs better, especially where Netflix is involved. She shows us what she wants to watch by pointing and "scrolling" in the air like you would with a touchscreen.
- She is also starting to communicate through words more efficiently. If she tries to tell us something by crying or gesturing, we just say "use your words!" and she gives it a shot!
- She has started her swim lessons, and each time she gets better and better. Last week, she went under the water for the first time!
- Speaking of water, Bailey has been attempting to dump her bath water on her head like we do when we rinse her hair. However, she still freaks when I pour the water on her head...
- Bailey has been involving herself in my shoots for this here blog! You might have noticed little hands in some shots, particularly food ones.
- She has been eating pretty much anything she can get her hands on, and attempting to get hold of spicy things. I know better than to go down that road though, unless I want an inconsolable baby on my hands.
- Bailey has been very content to sleep on the couch. As in, once she's asleep it's very hard to move her any where else.
- She is embracing those nearing terrible two's (2 weeks away!). Really though, we've been in that stage since she could walk. LOL
- The quickest way to get her to smile, is by getting her some milk and then saying "I'm gonna get you" so that she starts to run away, and then she lets you catch her. First though, as you are getting the milk, she mumbles "I gon get you" before you start chasing her.
Hey readers! First, I think we should just acknowledge the happiness of the photo above. It is impossible to get a photo like that of Bailey, mostly because if she's smiling that big, she's not pausing to take photo's. Thanks to my older sister, Hannah, having bought possibly the cutest poncho in the world (s/o to Old Navy!), we now have Bailey's first Baby Style photo shoot. It's not a very extensive collection of photos, mostly because toddlers move to much to take good photos. However, at this particular venue (Shelter Gardens in Columbia), there were small bridges and ramps like the one pictured above. Bailey loves running up and down the slight inclines, and just so happens to stop at the top every time to giggle. THIS NEVER HAPPENS ANYWHERE ELSE.
What's pictured in Bailey's most perfect shoot to date, is a one room schoolhouse located in the Gardens that kids can run around in and check out. Bailey had been at least once before, but wasn't quite as active then. The whole time we were there, she just ran on the sidewalks like they were a track. It was adorable, and we definitely achieved the goal of the trip, which was to get cute photos and get her outside while it was still 50 degrees! Just look at that little girl opening doors, it doesn't get much better. Ok, time to go cry now, have a great Monday!
Hi readers! So I know this picture is pretty blurry, but this whole scenario was too cute to not share. Bailey just kept hiding under the hat and then whipping it off, like we couldn't see her entire body the whole time. I love those playful moments with her! She is always growing and changing, but one thing that hasn't changed is her playfulness. More on what Bailey is doing lately below!
- Bailey has started saying a few more words, like "I sorry", "Please", "Thank you", and "Watch George" (she really likes Curious George).
- She has also been saying "Stuck" quite a bit, due to her constantly trying to put her own pants on. They get stuck because she puts both legs in one leg hole. LOL
- She has had the chance to walk around in the snow! Last year she wasn't walking yet during the winter. She wasn't super interested this time either.
- Bailey has started to recognize herself. We framed one of her birth announcements and every time she sees it, she smiles and says "It's you" and I say "It's you" and she goes "Nooo". So she recognizes herself but is in denial!
- Her hair has finally started to grow on the sides! The mullet is fading!
- She has started lining up all of her stuffed animals on her bed. What little kid didn't do that?
- Bailey and I are signed up for swim classes! Wish us luck!!
Hi guys! It being freezing cold out, I thought I would share a little checklist of winter wear items that are must haves once the temps drop. You've gotta keep your little cutie warm! Some of these items are obvious, like a coat and socks. Duh. Some are just things that I personally like to have around, and that Bailey loves. Check out the list below!
Winter Items for Baby:
1. A warm coat with a hood. The hood is very useful if your child won't allow a hat (we've all been there).
2. Socks. Even inside with the heat on, feet still get cold. Especially the little ones!
3. A jumpsuit/romper situation. I love our floral one, specifically because it prevents little tummies and backs from peaking out and getting chilly.
4. Sleepers. The sleepers are a godsend when it comes to PJ's for Bailey. They retain so much body heat, I don't need to worry if she gets cold during the night.
5. A cardigan, or really any layering piece you can put over a top and under the coat. We also use thin sweater hoodies that zip, all for extra warmth!
6. Boots. Essential for keeping the ankles warm! Ones with good tread are extra important for a walker exploring the snow for the first time.
Bonus: A ton of blankets! We have a few, and now that Bailey is starting to allow them, I'm tempted to get more.
Hey readers! It's the time of the month to catalog the goings-on of little miss Bailey Lucille. I find myself observing her so much more now that I've made the space in my head for it. Thinking of the essentials has made me pay much better attention to what I am doing, in the moment. Alas, this post is not about me though. It's about my beautiful daughter and what she's been up to. Lately:
- Bailey is in love with dark chocolate (I'm in love with the mustache it gives her).
- she has been climbing like her favorite monkey, Curious George, on her first toddler bed from Nana and Grandpa.
- as said above, she has mostly moved on from Spongebob to Curious George, but still loves the Penguins of Madagascar.
- Bailey has been carrying around her Jack O' Lantern from trick or treating like its a purse.
- she has become more accepting of cuddles from me. She still prefers Teds and Wolfie, pictured above, though.
- she has started kicking a soccer ball, and slam dunking said soccer ball in her little basket ball hoop.
- she is starting to actually sit and analyze pictures in a book for more than a second per page.
- Bailey has learned to use a stool to climb up to things, like on the Little Tykes jungle gym at Grandmas.
- she has started to engage in conversations with me. It's the coolest thing to watch her begin to understand what you are saying to her.
Hi guys! It's Monday again (mehhhh), but it's the Monday before Christmas! This makes me so happy. I'm just ready for this weekend to start already! Christmas eve and morning are going to be a blast, especially since I will be going home to Arkansas on Christmas day for the first time in two years. It is much needed, and I can't wait to spend time with family. I put the finishing touches on presents over the weekend, as well as doing a ton of photo shoots for January. I had to get as much done as possible to have a nice clear schedule for this holiday weekend! We also did a lot of celebrating. There was a college graduation and a 21st birthday back to back, and it was perfect. My best friend graduated from Mizzou, and her boyfriend (Brett's best friend) turned 21 the next day! I hope everyone's weekend was as fun as ours was. Check out what we're loving at the moment below!
Wearing: These super cute midi rings (I'm trying to improve my jewelry game)/ the cutest little turtleneck onesie to match her mama's.
Eating: The most delicious jam ever, especially on a BLT/ classic Greek yogurt.
Making: A super useful lip scrub for a January post/ all the messes with my leftover wrapping paper scraps.
Loving: Lavender oil and it's many uses/ her first bed ever from Nana and Grandpa! :)
Today, we have the second installment of my weekly What We're Loving Series. It has been very enlightening, so far, to sift through our lives to pick out a few things that have been getting a lot of attention. Some things are obvious, like I'm definitely going to be reading our Book of the Month this week, but other things, like pinpointing what specific toy Bailey has been giving the extra hugs to, require a little bit more observation. Now that she's talking and saying syllables of words, she makes it pretty clear what she wants. This was the case with last weeks Loving choice of Mr. Wolfie, she literally says "wolf" when she wants him. I really look forward to continue documenting her childhood choices.
Wearing: My favorite beanie/Bailey's favorite cardigan.
Reading: The Book of the Month/ Little girl is saying the number 2!
Eating: Homemade salsa from Brett's mom/ She eats at least one banana a day.
Making: Cards for the place settings at Thanksgiving/ washi tape balls
Loving: air plants!/ a little box from D.C. that her Auntie Becca gave her. :)
Hello Readers! Today I thought I'd share a little bit of what Bailey, my toddler, and I like to do when I'm off from work and on the weekends. Really, it's just a lot of playing and goofing around. She loves to be chased and then caught. Going to the park and exploring it is her favorite way to get out of the house. She also loves the grocery store, making messes, and stomping her little feet just to hear the sound. We spend a lot of our days together coloring, eating, singing songs, and pushing her little lawn mower around. I'm pretty sure bath time is the highlight of her day and when I ask the question "bath?" she immediately runs to her bathroom, ready to climb into the tub.
A couple of weekends back, we visited the family Lake House and Bailey got to experience her first painting party! Her grandma had a little canvas for her and everything. It couldn't have been more adorable. This activity will definitely become a mini project of ours. I'm envisioning a gallery wall in Bailey's room filled with her own square canvas abstracts. See all of the cuteness below!
All photos taken by Kristen Williams. Thanks girl!
Hello readers! To start this blog off, I thought it would be appropriate to show you a little bit of what we are loving lately. This "What We're Loving" post will be the first of a weekly series! I decided to make this topic a series because I believe it's important, but mostly fun, to recognize what is making you happy. That's what these posts will be about, the little things! It's also helping me switch things up and not get in a rut, to stay inspired. Being inspired by anything is one of the best feelings in the world, why would you not share that? Here's to being inspired and loving life!
Wearing: An 8 year old necklace from American Eagle / Bailey's first real pair of boots
Reading: On the Road (I always reread it every fall) / Pride and Prejudice
Eating: Pirate's Booty / A smaller amount of Pirate's Booty
Making: Halloween masks (for the first time, it was a blast!) / first painting (so proud)
Loving: Kristen Williams' coaster set! / Mr. Wolfie