Hi there! I'm a major bread lover, as it goes so well with wine and cheese, and I am always down to made various kinds at home. Bread making is a process for sure, but with so few ingredients, it's relatively simple. I've made focaccia and sourdough, but hadn't made country white, when I stumbled on this recipe from Homesong. I'm not one for excessive elbow grease when it comes to cooking, since I consider it something that should be soothing and creative, so this no no-knead option sounded perfect! Get the recipe below!
- 3 cups of AP flour
- 1/4 tsp. of yeast
- 1 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 5/8 cup of water
1. Combine flour, yeast, + salt in a large mixing bowl. If you have a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, I recommend using the bowl that goes with that. Add your water, cover the bowl, and let it rest on top of your fridge for 12 hours.
2. Turn the dough into itself a couple of times, and let rest for another 15 minutes.
3. Shape the dough into a oval/ball, and wrap in a cloth towel. Let rest for 2 more hours.
4. Preheat your oven to 450, and place your dough in a baking dish.
5. Bake for 30 minutes covered, 30 minutes uncovered, until the bread has a crisp golden crust.
6. Let cool, then slice and serve with butter, jam, cheese, or whatever you like. Enjoy!