Good morning! I've recently realized a food philosophy I've been subconsciously following for awhile, and that is focusing on one fruit and one veggie that I really love each season. For fall it's sweet potatoes and figs, for summer it was strawberries and spinach (which is pretty seasonless, but it pairs best with summer produce in my opinion), and spring makes me crave asparagus and honeydew melon! I started realizing this pattern of focusing on basically two produce items when I was deciding what I wanted for smoothies (typically my daily lunch). I landed on kale and citrus, and have been sticking to that for the past couple of months! Kale is so nutrient dense, citrus is highly beneficial this season (looking at you flu), and both keep me feeling great and energized!
Now, today's smoothie recipe doesn't have kale, because I'm a visual person and really wanted to see how these gorgeous blood oranges blended up. :) Feel free to add a handful of kale though, as it couldn't hurt! Get the full recipe below!
- 1 blood orange peeled and segmented (feel free to use any citrus you like!)
- 1 tsp. of turmeric or a golden turmeric blend (I've been using this one from Moondeli and love it)
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 sliced + frozen banana
1. Gather your ingredients and add them to a blender, almond milk first.
2. Blend on high until smooth and frothy.
3. Serve in your tallest glass and enjoy (preferably with a little stinker who enjoys vying for the first sip)!